Thread

Subject: Updateslast
Pages: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13

Messages / 401 to 450 of 604

401)Johnny(Overlord)
Hogan wrote on :
I took over a capital and I was able to make a base but the base was not able to make a CT.  From the update I figured this was a bug -- but maybe it is by design?
Sorry, I didn't see this post.  (Please be sure to use the Bug Report page to report these in the future.)

A base on any capital should be able to build a truck.
Johnny wrote on :
Sorry, I didn't see this post.  (Please be sure to use the Bug Report page to report these in the future.)

WOOT
403)Hogan
Johnny wrote on :

drat, only about a week late.  Next time bug report.
404)Johnny(Overlord)
- Chat has been added.  Any user can chat in the Lobby, but users will also see rooms for any alliances to which they belong.  It's very preliminary, so many features are not yet implemented and, of course, it may still have bugs.  I'm making it available now so users can test it and provide feedback.
405)Manaco
Awesome!

I'm all alone in the chat. Someone come giggityize me up.

Edit: Someone else came in as I typed this message. Seems like everything is going smoothly in the room. Good work and thanks!
Johnny wrote on :
- Chat has been added.  Any user can chat in the Lobby, but users will also see rooms for any alliances to which they belong.  It's very preliminary, so many features are not yet implemented and, of course, it may still have bugs.  I'm making it available now so users can test it and provide feedback.
First chat feature request:
The ability to choose to chat in an alliance not of the currently selected world.

Right now all that is listed is the lobby and the alliance chat of the currently selected world. I would like to have the option of choosing to be in an alliance chat window which is not tied to my current world.

Second chat feature request:
Open multiple chat tabs in the window so I can flip back and forth between them without losing what someone has said.

Thank you for all your hard work.
IC
407)Johnny(Overlord)
Iron_cowboy wrote on :
The ability to choose to chat in an alliance not of the currently selected world.
It must be a bug!  It should list alliances in all worlds.  I'll take a look tomorrow.
408)Johnny(Overlord)
Iron_cowboy wrote on :
Open multiple chat tabs in the window so I can flip back and forth between them without losing what someone has said.
I don't really do any chatting online, so that wouldn't have occurred to me!  It would require me to restructure some things, but it may be doable.  I'll make a note of it.
409)Hogan
Johnny wrote on :
I can't seem to find chat -- what am I doing wrong?  Does it not work in chrome?
410)Hogan
Never mind I found it (menu option on the right of the map selector).

I don't see the alliance rooms... is that a bug?
Hogan wrote on :
Never mind I found it (menu option on the right of the map selector).

I think Johnny has it set to alliance leaders only who can see chats. The only alliances that popped up are the ones I've created on some worlds.
ANy chance on the battle report change I mentioned?
413)Johnny(Overlord)
Hogan wrote on :
The alliance rooms had some bugs.  Can you please let me know if they're working correctly now?
414)Johnny(Overlord)
OgreMkV wrote on :
ANy chance on the battle report change I mentioned?
Sorry, I made a note and I'll look into it.  I'll have to review the structure to see if it's doable without too much rewriting.
415)Manaco
Johnny wrote on :
The alliance rooms had some bugs.  Can you please let me know if they're working correctly now?
I see rooms for all the alliances I belong to. It displays all the worlds I previously or currently am playing in, and doesn't display for the worlds I never played (or belong to any alliance)
416)Hogan
Johnny wrote on :
Yes, I now see all of my alliances -- thanks!
417)Johnny(Overlord)
Iron_cowboy wrote on :
I think I'm going to hold off on making this change for now.  As I started looking at this, I realized I'm moving more into the realm of a chat client than just a chat room option for the site.  I just don't see it being applicable at this point.

If I see people using the chat extensively, then I'll reconsider updating it to support multiple rooms.
418)Hogan
Johnny wrote on :
I think I'm going to hold off on making this change for now.  As I started looking at this, I realized I'm moving more into the realm of a chat client than just a chat room option for the site.  I just don't see it being applicable at this point.

If I see people using the chat extensively, then I'll reconsider updating it to support multiple rooms.
You know Johnny, I really think your best bet is to use IRC -- there are a number of great web chat clients (like Mibbit) that you can embed.  If you want to control voicing (eg make it so alliances can have private rooms auto-magically) you can set up your own server.

Save you a lot of effort implementing features / protocol etc which has been well baked in irc for a long time... plus there are countless clients people could use.
419)Johnny(Overlord)
Hogan wrote on :
You know Johnny, I really think your best bet is to use IRC -- there are a number of great web chat clients (like Mibbit) that you can embed.
The third-party clients I've seen either can't integrate into an existing account structure or they have a fee.

Mine is free, fully integrated into the site and game, and I get to actually code it.
420)Johnny(Overlord)
- Sea bases are now correctly set to "used" (i.e. sell for a reduce cost) when they are used to sell, modify, or move a sea unit.
421)Johnny(Overlord)
- Pins are now visible and can be created, labeled, and deleted in the zoom view.  (Alliance pins are not included at this time.)

- The "Last Seen" date on the Country Info screen will now reflect the last time the user accessed that specific world.  A user being active on the site or within a different world will no longer keep a country alive.
422)Hogan
Johnny wrote on :
- Pins are now visible and can be created, labeled, and deleted in the zoom view.  (Alliance pins are not included at this time.)

- The "Last Seen" date on the Country Info screen will now reflect the last time the user accessed that specific world.  A user being active on the site or within a different world will no longer keep a country alive.
Thanks Johnny!
423)dman56
Johnny wrote on :

Johnny I'm seeing pins at zoomed level that i haven't placed.  I honestly think they may be pins of the person im attacking.  if they have put labels on them i cant read them. Just thought i would let you know.

Map Elinio
Coord let me know if you need them.

Dman
424)dman56
also i can see ally attacks on the zoomed map.  was this part of your update?
425)Johnny(Overlord)
dman56 wrote on :
Coord let me know if you need them.
Yes, please send me a note with the coordinates as soon as you can.
426)Johnny(Overlord)
dman56 wrote on :
also i can see ally attacks on the zoomed map.  was this part of your update?
That's actually been in place since January.
427)dman56
Johnny wrote on :
That's actually been in place since January.
thats what i get for paying attention.  nice feature though thanks.
428)dman56
Johnny wrote on :
Yes, please send me a note with the coordinates as soon as you can.
I figured it out it just didn't seem to line up zoomed in as it did  zoomed out.  Sorry for the false alarms.
429)dman56
dman56 wrote on :
I figured it out it just didn't seem to line up zoomed in as it did  zoomed out.  Sorry for the false alarms.
I'm not crazy.  If you move the map using the arrow bars (up, down, left, right)  and there is a pin in you view then the pin moves.  If you drag back towards the original you will now have 2 (but still the same pin mouse over note to confirm.)

this why when i reported the bug I thought I was seeing other peoples pins.  (opp).  As I had 3 representations of my 1 pin.
430)LCCX
Johnny wrote on :
Hogan wrote on Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 11:31:30 pm:
You know Johnny, I really think your best bet is to use IRC -- there are a number of great web chat clients (like Mibbit) that you can embed.

The third-party clients I've seen either can't integrate into an existing account structure or they have a fee.

Mine is free, fully integrated into the site and game, and I get to actually code it.
I have no idea how your chat has been coded, Johnny, but if you do choose to expand it at some point you may be interested in checking out AJAX Chat (https://blueimp.net/ajax/) either as a replacement for your system or for ideas on how to expand your system. Yay for open source!
431)Johnny(Overlord)
LCCX wrote on :
I have no idea how your chat has been coded, Johnny, but if you do choose to expand it at some point you may be interested in checking out AJAX Chat (https://blueimp.net/ajax/) either as a replacement for your system or for ideas on how to expand your system. Yay for open source!
Mine is also an Ajax application.  I'm going to wait to see how much chat is used before I decide if creating something with more features is even worthwhile.

If I do more development, though, I'll definitely keep that in mind as a source for ideas.  Thanks!
432)Johnny(Overlord)
dman56 wrote on :
this why when i reported the bug I thought I was seeing other peoples pins.  (opp).  As I had 3 representations of my 1 pin.
Fixed.  Please let me know if it's still misbehaving!
433)Manaco
Johnny, I noticed something off when I accessed this site on my phone. My phone is lousy with cookies so I have to log in every single time on the phone. However, this is not the problem.

I scrolled down to see the forums prior to logging in and the red box of error is still there. You know, this one;
"A processing error has occured.
A bug regarding the recent "last seen" change caused a number of countries to incorrectly be seen as abandoned and removed.  Due to the inability to restore abandoned countries, all worlds will be restored to the state they were in before the most recent Daily Cycle.  To keep the game fair for people who may have set moves before seeing this notice, the game will remain paused until tonight's Daily Cycle.
I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience!"

When I log in, that red box is gone. It seems to only appear when I am not logged on a computer.
Certainly don't want new players to think this game is currently on hiatus.
434)Johnny(Overlord)
Manaco wrote on :
When I log in, that red box is gone. It seems to only appear when I am not logged on a computer.
You're right.  I removed the message in a hurry yesterday and made an error.  I have got to stop making updates in a rush or amongst distractions!  I'm getting sloppy in my old age.

Luckily, I don't think there have been many new visitors to the site.  I paused the ads I had running on the day the game wasn't processing and, despite them being unpaused, Facebook still hasn't started showing them yet.
Johnny wrote on :
Mine is also an Ajax application.  I'm going to wait to see how much chat is used before I decide if creating something with more features is even worthwhile.

If I do more development, though, I'll definitely keep that in mind as a source for ideas.  Thanks!
I think a more useful chat would be used more, so you're kind of putting the cart before the horse here IMO.  I would embed chat into the game world viewer such that it's always visible, and have a dropdown filter in place for chats, with options for viewing all/specific world / specific alliance.
436)Johnny(Overlord)
gazarsgo wrote on :
I think a more useful chat would be used more, so you're kind of putting the cart before the horse here IMO.  I would embed chat into the game world viewer such that it's always visible, and have a dropdown filter in place for chats, with options for viewing all/specific world / specific alliance.
I'm talking about more chat room features, like away settings, custom fonts, etc.

It sounds like you're saying it shouldn't be a chat room at all, but rather something integrated into the game.  The issue there is that the game moves amongst several different top-level pages as you play, so an embedded chat would either clear or have to reload the conversation history when a new page is visited.  That really wouldn't be an ideal setup.

I set it up as a pop-up so people could leave it open in a separate window as they play, eliminating the problems with an embedded chat (though it may be a bit less convenient).
437)Johnny(Overlord)
- A ruler has been added to the World view.  Once you set a shortcut key for it on the Settings page, you can press the key in the world view to instantly drop the start point (no clicking is involved).  Holding the key while moving the mouse will display the distance from the start to the current mouse position.

- The Global Triumph home page has been modified.  The game's menus are now located in the right menu bar.  The map preview image can also be clicked to play (if you have a country in the world you're viewing) or explore (if you do not).
438)dman56
Johnny wrote on :
- A ruler has been added to the World view.
This is awesome, awesome.  If you wanted to make it the perfect awesome^10 snap to.

That's right i said it snap to at "cold war", "shock and aww", and "to close for missiles switching to guns"

also known as nuke, missile, and jet ranges. 

This would cool and most likely would be something people would want the option to turn on or off.
Johnny wrote on :
- A ruler has been added to the World view.  Once you set a shortcut key for it on the Settings page, you can press the key in the world view to instantly drop the start point (no clicking is involved).  Holding the key while moving the mouse will display the distance from the start to the current mouse position.

- The Global Triumph home page has been modified.  The game's menus are now located in the right menu bar.  The map preview image can also be clicked to play (if you have a country in the world you're viewing) or explore (if you do not).
Sweeet, nice work
440)Johnny(Overlord)
- The chat room has been updated.  It now allows you to join multiple rooms and has a tab bar to jump between them.  (You can also use ctrl+tab to switch rooms in supported browsers.)  Also, instead of starting you in the lobby, the chat room loads without placing you in any room.
441)Johnny(Overlord)
- Alliance air attacks are now visible in the Zoom view.  The symbols are displayed in black to differentiate them from your own attacks, which are displayed in white.
Hahah, that's the best reply you can give to my thread in the Help section. Great job Johnny, as usual.
443)Johnny(Overlord)
- A checkbox has been added to the Account Settings page that allows users to not have their handle be listed as being in a chat room.  (The list may be added to some GT pages soon, so this gives users a chance to opt-out.)
444)Johnny(Overlord)
- A unit "clone create" option has been added.  Once a land or sea unit has been created, you can create another unit of the same type and strength by using the "clone create" option or shortcut key (if defined).
445)kapuku
Johnny wrote on :
- A unit "clone create" option has been added.  Once a land or sea unit has been created, you can create another unit of the same type and strength by using the "clone create" option or shortcut key (if defined).
Thank you SO MUCH!
446)tuvas
Johnny wrote on :
Thank you! It's just in time for an all out invasion for me, it's saved me already about 20 minutes.... THANK YOU!!!
Johnny wrote on :
You could also make it like the cursor for choosing a start location.. just change the concentric circles to match the range of jets/missiles/nukes.

Not a huge deal, the ruler does the job.  Just bringing up an idea.
448)dman56
Barnacleez wrote on :
You could also make it like the cursor for choosing a start location.. just change the concentric circles to match the range of jets/missiles/nukes.

Not a huge deal, the ruler does the job.  Just bringing up an idea.
this is very similar to the idea i had of "snap-to" at the jet, missiles, and bomb ranges.

Also test placing pins while in ruler mode it works but the ruler gets stuck on just tap your hot key and it goes away but thought i would mention it.

Dman
449)dman56
Johnny wrote on :
Epic!!!!

Thanks Johnny  this will save me from carpel tunnel on Cerato.

Dman
450)Johnny(Overlord)
- Country profiles have been added to the site.  A "Country Profile" link appears in the main menu, allowing players to upload a flag and enter background information about their countries.  The site will be updated to link to country profiles (newest players list, alliance pages, etc.) in the near future.
Page of 13

Message Board

Categories

Search