Thread

Subject: Updateslast
Pages: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13

Messages / 551 to 600 of 604

551)Johnny(Overlord)
Manaco wrote on :
I saw on Facebook! Amazing job, I'm just sorry I was unable to help you more.
I especially like how there's already subtitles for most of the videos... I - and hard-of-hearing people - won't be kept in the dark.
Thank you for the compliment, and for the idea and inspiration! I really appreciate it!

I didn't notice Google's auto captions, but it looks like they're fairly inaccurate. I'm going to submit actual transcripts for the videos, so they'll be far more helpful soon.
552)Johnny(Overlord)
553)Johnny(Overlord)
- User profiles now display trophies for GT worlds that the user has won.
Johnny wrote on :
Nice!  That's a cool feature!
555)Manaco
Very much so! Very glad I am able to see older worlds I had a hand in victory.
556)Rick
I'm proud of all my medals, but I noticed IC has even more, seeing how we've shared a lot of those victories.  :p

But I do have to thank my alliances for letting me in, especially on Enio, where I was the odd neutral out.
Reports of my deaths have been greatly exaggerated. I like the medallions. I would like to see the name of the victorious country on ( or near) each picture as well as a special note for winning alliance leader and a real special picture if one conquers the map solo.

-IC
Winner of 6 of 8 maps tried. Don't hate me because I am beautiful and please don't throw darts at the target on my back.
558)jeepn
Johnny wrote on :
awesome!
559)Manaco
Hey Johnny, any chance of making GT droid-friendly?

I just got a new phone, Sidekick 4G powered by Android. I am able to access the gt website, forums, and such with no problems. I am able to enter worlds.
However, once inside a world, I cannot move the map. I would touch the screen and press down (as to activate moving) and nothing will happen. The map stays where it is. I don't know what the specific issue is that's preventing the GT game window to allow me to move around.
I can only click on World tab, tab lists, etc. I just cannot scroll around the map.
560)Johnny(Overlord)
Manaco wrote on :
I can only click on World tab, tab lists, etc. I just cannot scroll around the map.
I know what's causing it, but it's a complete core modification to make it work. So, maybe something I'll try to get working for GT2.
561)SCUM
Manaco wrote on :

I just got a new phone, Sidekick 4G powered by Android. I am able to access the gt website, forums, and such with no problems. I am able to enter worlds.
However, once inside a world, I cannot move the map. I would touch the screen and press down (as to activate moving) and nothing will happen. The map stays where it is. I don't know what the specific issue is that's preventing the GT game window to allow me to move around.
If you have a good remote desktop app, you can play by remote.
562)Manaco
Johnny wrote on :
I know what's causing it, but it's a complete core modification to make it work. So, maybe something I'll try to get working for GT2.
I see. It's certainly something to consider; seems like droid apps (and 4G apps and all those fun stuff) are the new tech craze and I think making GT friendly for it would generate MASSIVE traffic - especially since it would be a free app!
Manaco wrote on :
I see. It's certainly something to consider; seems like droid apps (and 4G apps and all those fun stuff) are the new tech craze and I think making GT friendly for it would generate MASSIVE traffic - especially since it would be a free app!
Works on A T-Mobile G2 with the Dolphin broswer. Its slow, but I was able to build units and move them.
564)Johnny(Overlord)
- The Sandbox world has been adjusted to allow accounts created within 60 days to join (instead of 30) and to expire countries after 90 days (instead of 60).
565)WML
Manaco wrote on :

I've played on my Android G1 and on my sister's iPad.  I agree that not being able to scroll around the map easily was a bit of a drag, but the rest of the functionality was there and I didn't have any trouble making my moves for the night.  It just took about twice as long.  Being a developer, myself, I agree with Johnny that it would be a pretty fundamental change.  For the time being, what I did was to use the "center" functionality (which I rarely use on the computer due to the ability to scroll more easily).  It at least saved me from having to click "world" and then click back in on the map.
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, or if this has been brought up before, but I would love to see either an artillery unit or a bombard ability for tanks added. (both would serve the same fu.ction, but I am not sure which would be easier to program.) Any thoughts on this?
567)Manaco
WML wrote on :
I've played on my Android G1 and on my sister's iPad.  I agree that not being able to scroll around the map easily was a bit of a drag, but the rest of the functionality was there and I didn't have any trouble making my moves for the night.  It just took about twice as long.  Being a developer, myself, I agree with Johnny that it would be a pretty fundamental change.  For the time being, what I did was to use the "center" functionality (which I rarely use on the computer due to the ability to scroll more easily).  It at least saved me from having to click "world" and then click back in on the map.
I didn't think about the Center function! I'll try it on my phone, but it should work just like yours. That'll make the game playable ONLY on small maps, though.

No idea how but maybe some sort of a mini-world limited to mobile users to play on? I'm just throwing out stuff here.
568)Manaco
Johnny wrote on :
Thank you for the compliment, and for the idea and inspiration! I really appreciate it!

I didn't notice Google's auto captions, but it looks like they're fairly inaccurate. I'm going to submit actual transcripts for the videos, so they'll be far more helpful soon.
Have this been done?
569)Johnny(Overlord)
Manaco wrote on :
Have this been done?
I did a few of them, but I think a few still need it. Completely slipped my mind!

I'll get to the rest once I have time.
570)George
Awesome game Johnny.  Could time-stamps be added to the chat?
571)jeepn
I think a cool feature would be;

on the user profiles it would be nice to see what country the user played on each map that they have played.
jeepn wrote on :

on the user profiles it would be nice to see what country the user played on each map that they have played.
I agree with jeepn.  It used to be there. It showed every country a player created on each map.  C-map had 3 or 4 countries for many people.  I would love to see a history of countries return to that field.

Next suggestion, time lapsed videos showing alliances over the life of the map, rather than just colored countries. Also at the end of the video, label the counties what won. (I know both are a great deal more work than the current videos.

-IC
573)Johnny(Overlord)
- Modifying a unit will now prevent you from splitting that unit until after the next Daily Cycle (just like merging into the unit).
574)Rick
jeepn wrote on :

That would be cool.  I'm at the point where I've forgotten how many maps I've been on not to mention that it's nice to see where other folks have been in time's past.  Also fun to see naming schematics that some players may have.
jeepn wrote on :

yeah i think this would be awsome so you could see how good people did on other maps
576)Rick
Johnny wrote on :
- Users who submit donations now receive credits which can be used to purchase in-game funding in the future. (Donations that have already been submitted have had credits applied.)
Before my Zapala country gets overrun, I would like to use my donation to keep it alive.  But I can't find any info about it on the "Fund Your Country" link.

This was a donation, not in-game funding.
577)Rick
Rick wrote on :
Before my Zapala country gets overrun, I would like to use my donation to keep it alive.  But I can't find any info about it on the "Fund Your Country" link.

This was a donation, not in-game funding.
Thanks, Johnny.
578)Johnny(Overlord)
- The "Largest Countries" box now has a rank and a link to view all countries (ordered by size and by growth).
579)Johnny(Overlord)
- The Message Board has been updated. (Rebuilt on a new database structure and codebase.)

- The URL for Global Triumph changed from gt.toomuchstupid.com to toomuchstupid.com/gt.
580)Kadath
Just got an email from Johnny and thought I would come and check things out. It's been a long while.

Any of the old timers still around?
581)jeepn
Kadath wrote on :
Just got an email from Johnny and thought I would come and check things out. It's been a long while.

me
582)Rick
Kadath wrote on :

Yep.  :)
583)Kadath
Rick and jeepn! Hey guys!

Wonder if anyone else will pop back in? Seems like Johnny is making some progress on 2.0 - be great to see some revitalization here... the current worlds seem to lack the numbers they once did.

I'll try to join in on the next new one.
584)Patton
Still around but only on the weekly map. The game really has slowed down. Nice to see you are still around.
585)Johnny(Overlord)
- Twice-Weekly worlds are now scheduled to process on Sunday and Wednesday mornings. (It was previously set to Saturday and Wednesday mornings).
586)Johnny(Overlord)
- Global Triumph has been updated to v1.1!

- User Worlds are now available. Users can now create worlds up to 256x128 in size that other users can join, selecting from a variety of options (player limits, passwords, spawn/close/victory modes, etc.). Currently, only users who have had an account for at least a month can create worlds. Users cannot create more than three active worlds at a time.

- The Daily Cycle has been replaced with the Game Cycle. Worlds can now run on variable Cycle schedules, including as often as every 15 minutes.

- Country size is now measured only in land sectors. If a country does not own any land sectors and only has sea units, it will be eliminated.

- Worlds now end based on one of three Victory Modes.
  • In "Advantage," the victor owns 75% of occupied land sectors, once at least 50% of the land sectors are occupied.
  • In "Domination," the victor owns 100% of occupied land sectors, once the world is closed or 50% of the land sectors are occupied.
  • in "Hourglass," the victor owns the most land sectors at a specific end time.

- World videos will now render with a faster framerate. Final videos (posted when a world is completed) will include attacks lines.

- Worlds now have a single thread in the Message Board rather than an entire category. World threads will be permanent and will be automatically created when a world is added.

- A Hall of Fame has been added to view world victors, final videos, and a victory leaderboard.

- Trophies on user profiles have been modified. (Listings for User Worlds will be added in the future.)

- Significant changes have been made, so if you run into any bugs, please report them immediately.
This is very cool, I'm looking forward to trying it out. The only thing I saw was a typo I believe in the world settings for user world, where it says "vulgur." But other than that everything looks great.
588)Johnny(Overlord)
Thanks, Centurion, for the compliment and the typo catch!
589)Johnny(Overlord)
Johnny wrote on :
- User Worlds are now available.
Also, please note that User World maps can be generated from any image. For example:
user image
590)Johnny(Overlord)
Johnny wrote on :
- The Daily Cycle has been replaced with the Game Cycle. Worlds can now run on variable Cycle schedules, including as often as every 15 minutes.
Just FYI, I've changed the 15 minute cycle option to 10 minutes. 15 just seemed too long for a rapid cycle.
591)Johnny(Overlord)
- A "defense turret / clone create" keyboard shortcut has been added.

- Holding shift while using the unit or defense turret "sell" keyboard shortcut will bypass the confirmation and immediately sell the item.

- The country ranking page has been updated. It now includes land and occupied land percentages, growth percentages, and a total count/percentage of occupied land.
592)Johnny(Overlord)
- Countries with no capitals, land bases, or land units will now be eliminated automatically. This currently happens once a day, when inactive countries are abandoned.

- Abandoned countries are now removed after 31 days, rather than 37.
593)Johnny(Overlord)
- Basic support for mobile devices has been added. The map can now be swiped and scrolled properly, allowing the game to now be playable via touch controls.

I may at some point down the road create a more mobile-friendly modification of this version of GT (bigger buttons, drop-down menus, world picker) that can be packaged more easily into app form. For now, though, this can at least serve as a stopgap.
594)Johnny(Overlord)
- Attacks can be cloned by dragging with two fingers. (This operates the same way as holding down the "group clone attack" using a mouse and keyboard.)
595)Johnny(Overlord)
- The edge navigation bars (visible in the zoomed view) now only appear when the map is scrolled to the edge.
596)Johnny(Overlord)
user image
- Miniature strength meters are now displayed next to all land and sea units. Like the normal strength meters, your own units display a full range and enemies simply display low, medium, or high.

- The miniature strength meters can be disabled on the Settings page.
597)Johnny(Overlord)
- An "Air Bases" tool has been added to the World view. It displays all of your air bases and allows you to modify air units directly.

- Mouse wheels will now scroll the map in both the world and zoomed views. (This is primarily useful for users with vertical and horizontal scrolling capabilities.)

- Clicking to zoom in the World view now centers you on the exact sector clicked, which means clicking near the edge of the world's map will zoom accurately.

- An icon to add or remove pins has been added to the sector row of the control panel.

- The edge navigation arrows display when the map is scrolled near the edge rather than the very edge.
598)Johnny(Overlord)
- Final world videos will now display land bases. (Only frames generated from this point forward will include the bases.)
599)Johnny(Overlord)
- A new "Random, Predetermined Spawn Points" spawn method has been added.

Lambeo, designed by Rick, is the first world set up to use this new method.

Actually, he cleverly designed the map to not allow spawning anywhere other than the islands, which I didn't even notice. So, my oversight led me to finally develop the new spawn method, which still simplifies the joining of this world and will allow some interesting new map designs going forward!
600)Johnny(Overlord)
- The Global Triumph Blog has been launched.

- A Leaderboard and Leaderboard Wheel have been added.

- The Join page has been modified to automatically create a land base on the country's capital sector (at no cost).
Page of 13

Message Board

Categories

Search