Thread

Subject: Updateslast
Pages: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13

Messages / 151 to 200 of 604

See, if I can't move my country within the setup week, I will wait until last minute to place it.  Although the first few get to choose their position a bit better, they don't get to choose their neighbors.

The reason for shrinking the big map is to have a small map with the series of medium and small islands.  This would make for more naval battles and a lot of island hopping. 

People would fight to take their own island and then the next and the next etc.

Large landmasses lend to large countries.

Just out of curiosity, could you post the large map in a way that people could pan around it like the current game to see exactly how large this is.

I like the idea of the small map to allow us to see a light at the end of the tunnel, but the polls show...
Today I just made over 900 orders. It took me nearly an hour to do it : /

Perhaps a smaller map would be better. I guess it depends on how many nations. But towards the end its going to be a pain.
153)Johnny(Overlord)
Tim_the_Surveyor wrote on :
See, if I can't move my country within the setup week, I will wait until last minute to place it.
That's fine, though.  I'd prefer that than opening up the loophole I described, or people constantly shifting positions to avoid areas or people.

The reason for shrinking the big map is to have a small map with the series of medium and small islands.  This would make for more naval battles and a lot of island hopping.

I think the small map has a good amount of smaller islands, too, though.  You're right, though, that It does have bigger continents.  Do other people think they're too big and should be broken up more?

Just out of curiosity, could you post the large map in a way that people could pan around it like the current game to see exactly how large this is.

I put the full image here for now:
http://triumph.toomuchstupid.com/tmp/world3.gif

I like the idea of the small map to allow us to see a light at the end of the tunnel, but the polls show...

Well, that's the good thing about the new system.  People can choose the worlds they want to play.  Hopefully it doesn't split the user base too much, but we'll see.  Hopefully we'll get some players back, too, when I send a broadcast about the new worlds being available.
154)Johnny(Overlord)
supercoolyellow wrote on :
But towards the end its going to be a pain.
I think the perpetual attack option is going to save people a great deal of time.
I've had the server running slow on me all day.  Is this a problem with anyone else, or is my computer just messed?
156)Johnny(Overlord)
Gopherbashi wrote on :
I've had the server running slow on me all day.  Is this a problem with anyone else, or is my computer just messed?
Have other sites been slow for you?  Could it be your connection?
157)Johnny(Overlord)
Alliances are going to be revised.  They'll essentially function as teams, so they'll be more integrated into the game (instead of just being a message board).

When the game is converted, users will only be able to belong to one alliance per world.  Also, alliance members will no longer be able to be hidden.
Johnny wrote on :
Have other sites been slow for you?  Could it be your connection?
It was just this one - took multiple tries and 10 minutes to load the map or post anything.  It seems to be fine this morning, anything that's messing up just seems to be my computer going slow.

I upgraded to Firefox 3.5.5 (or whatever the new version is) yesterday - perhaps that had something to do with it?

EDIT - I'm also once again getting the problem where the buy jets/missiles thing isn't working properly, it's not taking it on the first click again.
EDIT again: Seems to be working now, must've just been my computer being stupid earlier.
Gopherbashi wrote on :
EDIT again: Seems to be working now, must've just been my computer being stupid earlier.
too much stupid.
161)Johnny(Overlord)
parandiac wrote on :
too much stupid.
Well done!
162)Johnny(Overlord)
- Global Triumph now supports multiple worlds.  Two new worlds have been added, both of which you can join at any time.  A smaller world, Borogov, begins in one week.  A larger world, Cerato, begins in two weeks.

- A "Perpetual Attack" option has been added to the game and to the keyboard shortcuts.  This option allows you to toggle an attack from the normal, non-repeating attack to a perpetual one, where the unit will continue reusing the same attack pattern until it runs into any obstacle.  Using the option multiple times will continue toggling the attack mode.

- Alliances now have additional controls.  Founders can remove members and members can leave alliances.  Users are allowed to belong to only one alliance at a time.
Johnny wrote on :
- Global Triumph now supports multiple worlds.  Two new worlds have been added, both of which you can join at any time.  A smaller world, Borogov, begins in one week.  A larger world, Cerato, begins in two weeks.

- A "Perpetual Attack" option has been added to the game and to the keyboard shortcuts.  This option allows you to toggle an attack from the normal, non-repeating attack to a perpetual one, where the unit will continue reusing the same attack pattern until it runs into any obstacle.  Using the option multiple times will continue toggling the attack mode.

- Alliances now have additional controls.  Founders can remove members and members can leave alliances.  Users are allowed to belong to only one alliance at a time.
so when do you do the payment options?
164)Johnny(Overlord)
Johnap88 wrote on :
so when do you do the payment options?
Once I finish coding the last bits of the game, I'll move the game to Beta.  In Beta, I'll fix any in-game bugs and focus on polishing up the game's site components (Explore Map, country pages, etc.).  Once that's complete and stable, I'll launch the "release" version and implement the account levels.
Johnny wrote on :
Once I finish coding the last bits of the game, I'll move the game to Beta.  In Beta, I'll fix any in-game bugs and focus on polishing up the game's site components (Explore Map, country pages, etc.).  Once that's complete and stable, I'll launch the "release" version and implement the account levels.
do you have an estimate of what day,month and year? lol
I am a huge fan of the minimap added on the homepage.  If only 4 of the Charlie countries weren't all shades of each other
167)Johnny(Overlord)
Johnap88 wrote on :
do you have an estimate of what day,month and year? lol
Sorry, but not really!  My ability to make progress on the game depends on how much free time I can find, so it's hard to create a timeline.
168)Johnny(Overlord)
- Separate options and keyboard shortcuts have been added for normal attacks and perpetual attacks.  The option/shortcut to toggle a set attack still exists.
169)Johnny(Overlord)
- Spawn points have been added to the Explore screen.
Johnny wrote on :
- Spawn points have been added to the Explore screen.
Can some of us, who have placed countries on Cerato, move our countries seeing as it was very difficult to plan when I couldn't find the spawn points to begin with?  I know, I am old and blind.

Maybe, because of the updated explore screen, you could do a one time "delete" of anyone who wanted to have it done?
171)Johnny(Overlord)
Can some of us, who have placed countries on Cerato, move our countries seeing as it was very difficult to plan when I couldn't find the spawn points to begin with?  I know, I am old and blind.

Maybe, because of the updated explore screen, you could do a one time "delete" of anyone who wanted to have it done?
I've updated the resign page to allow resigning after 48 hours for maps that haven't started yet.

That should prevent it from being abused too much, but I can always change that value if needed.
Thank You...
I have a request.  I think it would be nice to have an interface, similar to the battle log, that would display a list of alliances in that world, and by clicking on them it would highlight on the map who was in the alliance.

Oh, and on the battle log, as someone else asked, could you list not only the attack, but what was attacked?  With a country the size of mine, it is easy, but once you get of any size, it is hard to remember what you had where.
174)Johnny(Overlord)
- A "Tools" option has been added to the menu on the World screen.  It contains a "Mass Vacate" tool that can be used to vacate a block of sectors.  Simply click the starting point, move the mouse to adjust the highlight, then click to set it.  A small vacate icon will appear over the highlight.  Clicking the icon will then vacate any sectors you own within the highlight area that can be vacated (i.e. do not contain a base, unit, etc.).

- An additional note notification option has been added to the TMS Account Settings page.  You can now choose to be notified via e-mail when you receive a note.
Would it be possible to display the coordinates of this square before clicking "Vacate"?  I just tried it now and it doesn't give me firm locations (other than the topleft thing) until I actually click Vacate.  By which time it's kind of too late.

Also, my screen kind of froze when I tried this before (it was taking like a minute for it to clear ~12 sectors, and now when I try it again, it's telling me that it can't continue until the previous command is completed.  Sorry.
176)Johnny(Overlord)
Gopherbashi wrote on :
Would it be possible to display the coordinates of this square before clicking "Vacate"?  I just tried it now and it doesn't give me firm locations (other than the topleft thing) until I actually click Vacate.  By which time it's kind of too late.
I suppose I could add a confirmation before it activates, but I thought that would make it needlessly cumbersome.  I assumed the land being highlighted would serve that purpose well.  That's not the case?

and now when I try it again, it's telling me that it can't continue until the previous command is completed.

Sorry!  Try now, and please let me know if anything else goes wrong.
Johnny wrote on :
I suppose I could add a confirmation before it activates, but I thought that would make it needlessly cumbersome.  I assumed the land being highlighted would serve that purpose well.  That's not the case?
I think it would be helpful, my mouse is terrible so sometimes it glitches and double clicks, vacated a nice rectangle of land just north of my capital.

But then again, my computer has so many problems it's probably just me.
Johnny wrote on :
- A "Tools" option has been added to the menu on the World screen.
I believe that the mass vacate needs to be in the zoomed in view.  I can see if you wanted to rid yourself of an entire continent, but if you just wanted to get rid of  a few hundred sectors...

How, if you click and select a corner, can you get out of it without exiting the game?
179)Johnny(Overlord)
How, if you click and select a corner, can you get out of it without exiting the game?
Click "Return to World" in the top-right, or drop the other corner and then "Return to World."  (The vacating doesn't begin until you click the icon after highlighting the sectors.)

You can also click the highlight instead of the icon to remove it, or keep redrawing it until you get it right.
Johnny wrote on :

and now when I try it again, it's telling me that it can't continue until the previous command is completed.

Sorry!  Try now, and please let me know if anything else goes wrong.
I think an added confirmation would be good - each sector on the zoomed out view is so small, it's easy to make a mistake.

(Or maybe just having a cancel button when that little progress bar comes up?)
181)Johnny(Overlord)
Gopherbashi wrote on :
I think an added confirmation would be good
Okay, I'll work on that.
182)Johnny(Overlord)
- The Join distance has been adjusted.  You must now be within 100 pixels of a spawn point or 150 pixels of two countries.  Please feel free to resign and rejoin.  (Please remember that Borogov begins tomorrow.  If you see this message after the game starts and resign, please let me know and I'll remove any trace of the resigned country so that it doesn't display on your profile as a lost country.)

- The Join form has been modified to request your preferred notification method when the world begins.  (Any users who have already joined and who also answered the poll question regarding notification have had a notification set based on their poll answer.)
183)Johnny(Overlord)
Gopherbashi wrote on :
I think an added confirmation would be good
Done!
184)Johnny(Overlord)
- The air base "modify" option can now be used to buy or sell air units.
Johnny wrote on :
Done!
Awesome, looks good Johnny
Johnny wrote on :
- The air base "modify" option can now be used to buy or sell air units.
two days late, but thanks!
187)Johnny(Overlord)
- Requesting a treaty now allows you to specify how many weeks (up to four) the ceasefire should last if the treaty is broken.
188)TPC89
i tried to request a treaty in the 2nd world, but it keeps saying internal error?
TPC89 wrote on :
i tried to request a treaty in the 2nd world, but it keeps saying internal error?
i get that too
190)Johnny(Overlord)
TPC89 wrote on :
but it keeps saying internal error
Sorry, try now!  I forgot to adjust the databases on the new worlds.

One of the drawbacks of me not playing in them is that I can't test there, so you guys will have to be sure to let me know if anything goes wrong.
Johnny wrote on :
Sorry, try now!  I forgot to adjust the databases on the new worlds.

One of the drawbacks of me not playing in them is that I can't test there, so you guys will have to be sure to let me know if anything goes wrong.
something went wrong. you let other nations join the map, and now i might have to fight them. please delete all other nations and make the map inaccessable to other players so i can dominate it at my leisure.
192)Johnny(Overlord)
- A new battle logging system has been implemented.  The Battle Log window will now list all interactions, provide more details about each interaction, and store/display two weeks worth of data (viewable by day).

- The battle log update required substantial changes to the Daily Cycle script.  Though I've tested it thoroughly, please keep in mind that there's always the possibility of something unforeseen occurring with such a significant update.
193)Johnny(Overlord)
On a related note, the new battle log doesn't draw from the old battle log data.  So, your battle log will be empty for the next hour and a half (until the Daily Cycle runs).

It will then contain one day's worth of data, building up to a maximum of fourteen days.
194)Johnny(Overlord)
- The cost of bombs has been increased to $160,000.
Johnny wrote on :
- The Join distance has been adjusted.  You must now be within 100 pixels of a spawn point or 150 pixels of two countries.  Please feel free to resign and rejoin.  (Please remember that Borogov begins tomorrow.  If you see this message after the game starts and resign, please let me know and I'll remove any trace of the resigned country so that it doesn't display on your profile as a lost country.)

- The Join form has been modified to request your preferred notification method when the world begins.  (Any users who have already joined and who also answered the poll question regarding notification have had a notification set based on their poll answer.)
Can you increase this distance for Cerato, or have more spawn points?

At the moment on Cerato, the 100/150 pixels are too close to each other
196)Johnny(Overlord)
camel2th wrote on :
At the moment on Cerato, the 100/150 pixels are too close to each other
I don't think spawn distances are really affected by the size of the map.  Sure, the distances are different as a percentage of the map, but you still get the same amount of distance to expand.

Looking over the map and initial countries, too, I think the distance seems to be working very well (and most of them were probably dropped when it was 100 pixels).
197)Johnny(Overlord)
- A bug in the Daily Cycle script prevented notifications about Cerato starting from being sent correctly.  E-mails have been sent to any users who have not yet set any attacks.  My apologies for the error and for any inconvenience it may have caused!
198)QiKe
Can a simple feature to place flags on the map while zoomed in be implemented? For reference points merely. It would come in handy when people are discussing borders with another person.

Its more like a personal bookmarking tool to help navigate the maps when your trying to go about. Sometimes its hard to have a reference point when theres nothing but a sea of grey sectors. They can be easily seen by a simple miniature black flag

If possible, your bookmarks can only be seen by you and toggled to be seen by everyone? with a subscript or subtitle?

I came across the idea when talking about borders in Cerato with my alliance. on such an expansive map, such personal bookmarking can be very useful. Like how generals or whatnot would mark strategic points and battle fronts on maps.
199)Johnny(Overlord)
QiKe wrote on :
Can a simple feature to place flags on the map while zoomed in be implemented?
The flags that can be used in the World view will (a) be able to be placed in the zoomed view as well, (b) be visible to fellow members of your alliance, and (c) will support brief notes attached to them.

Would that address your issue, or were you hoping for flags that could be seen by all other players?
200)QiKe
Johnny wrote on :
The flags that can be used in the World view will (a) be able to be placed in the zoomed view as well, (b) be visible to fellow members of your alliance, and (c) will support brief notes attached to them.
That addresses my my ideas better then i stated. =) i like it. could it be done? or would that be too difficult?
Page of 13

Message Board

Categories

Search