Thread

Subject: Updateslast
Pages: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13

Messages / 501 to 550 of 604

I'm blind and deaf.  Think we can make a brail popup?

:P
502)Johnny(Overlord)
- The pay structure for Global Triumph has been decided: users can decide what they'd like to pay.  The game will remain free for all to play, with links to contribute if a player chooses to do so.  Also, there will be occasional worlds where users can fund their countries (i.e. contributions with an in-game benefit).
So essentially you're agreeing to keep this game open on donations?  (except for optional boostable maps).

I like this game so much, I was rootin' to seeing make some loot from it.
504)Manaco
Johnny,

noticed the minor site changes.

My only problem is clicking on the map no longer opens a new window (and disables the top section of the browser, dunno the proper word for it).
Instead, it simply goes to the map on the same tab and still has the full details of the top section. What happened? I liked the old way better.
505)Johnny(Overlord)
Manaco wrote on :
Instead, it simply goes to the map on the same tab and still has the full details of the top section. What happened? I liked the old way better.
Sorry, just a bug!  It should be working correctly now.
506)Johnny(Overlord)
GholaMaster wrote on :
I like this game so much, I was rootin' to seeing make some loot from it.
I think adding fees at this point would only kill much of the activity.  The game needs more time to find a larger user base, so keeping it free should do that.

If the user base goes up, that means more people viewing and clicking on ads, so that could make the ad revenue worthwhile, as well.

I have some hope that people might be willing to spend in the funded worlds, but I'll just have to wait and see how that works out.  If it goes well, I thought I might make the next funded world have a prize/reward for the winner.
507)Kadath
Johnny wrote on :
I have some hope that people might be willing to spend in the funded worlds, but I'll just have to wait and see how that works out.  If it goes well, I thought I might make the next funded world have a prize/reward for the winner.
I hope it goes well too. I think this is a wonderful idea.
508)Manaco
A prize? what are you thinking?

It would be so neat if the winner got 10% of total "donations" towards that world. Heheh....

Edit: Out of curiosity, how much revenue do you get from ad-clicking? Sometimes I'm so bored and click refresh every 5 seconds on facebook... I could instead click on an ad every 5 seconds to help you out if possible.
509)Johnny(Overlord)
Manaco wrote on :
Edit: Out of curiosity, how much revenue do you get from ad-clicking? Sometimes I'm so bored and click refresh every 5 seconds on facebook... I could instead click on an ad every 5 seconds to help you out if possible.
Fake ad clicking would probably just look like me or a friend trying to drive up revenue. haha  Definitely a bad idea.  If an ad actually interests you, though, then certainly don't hesitate to click it.

At this point it's a few dollars a month, so nothing of any significance.  You need a pretty large pool of visitors to make it worthwhile.
510)Johnny(Overlord)
Manaco wrote on :
A prize? what are you thinking?
I'll have to see how this world goes before I even begin to think about that.
511)Manaco
When did you add World Details on the sidebar? Just found it, awesome stuff.
512)Johnny(Overlord)
Manaco wrote on :
When did you add World Details on the sidebar? Just found it, awesome stuff.
Sorry, I forgot to reply to this!  I added it a day or two before you posted this question.
513)Johnny(Overlord)
- $1 purchased in country funding is now set to add $200,000 to your country's income plus a $2,000 bonus for each day the world has been active.  Any past purchases have been adjusted accordingly.
Just saw the World Details feature, thanks a lot for putting that up!
515)Johnny(Overlord)
- The "Contribute" form will soon be changed to apply a credit to your account for every dollar donated.  The credits will then be usable at any time in the future to purchase in-game upgrades (country funding being the only upgrade available at this time).  So, for example, even if you're not currently playing in a world with country funding available, you'll be able to use the donation money to get funding in a future world, if you'd like.

When the form is modified, any donations already made before the change will be converted to credits.
516)Johnny(Overlord)
- The unit clone action and its keyboard shortcut can now be used in any sector that is within moving distance of a base.  Instead of having to create a unit at the base and then select its location, you can hold the shortcut key and click to create units anywhere within the base's reach.

- The unit sell action has been streamlined.  One change to note is that it now sells the unit via the first base the script locates rather than determining the closest base.  (Selling a unit can cause a base to be marked as "used," which nets a lower selling value.  However, ensuring the nearest base is always used wasn't worth the delay in processing.)
Johnny wrote on :
- The unit clone action and its keyboard shortcut can now be used in any sector that is within moving distance of a base.  Instead of having to create a unit at the base and then select its location, you can hold the shortcut key and click to create units anywhere within the base's reach.
Does this mean that we can buy units even a unit is still on the base?  Cause that'a pain in the arse.  Particularly when you have a heavy tank protecting a vulnerable base but want to buy troops to in that area.  Cause it forces you to move/sell the tank, make the purchases you want, then buy your tank again last.
GholaMaster wrote on :
Does this mean that we can buy units even a unit is still on the base?  Cause that'a pain in the arse.  Particularly when you have a heavy tank protecting a vulnerable base but want to buy troops to in that area.  Cause it forces you to move/sell the tank, make the purchases you want, then buy your tank again last.
Just tested it, and yes, you can buy a clone unit with a unit on the base.
CGOScooter wrote on :
Just tested it, and yes, you can buy a clone unit with a unit on the base.
So that's only for cloned purchase?
520)Rick
This is the best update ever.  Well done!  I created like 16 lv1 infantry just for fun today.
521)dman56
Jonny, you rock!
522)Johnny(Overlord)
- A bug prevented country funding purchases over $1 from properly adding the bonus ($2,000 for each day the world has been active) from being added correctly.  It has been corrected and past purchases have had the extra income added.  I apologize for the error!
Johnny wrote on :

- The unit sell action has been streamlined.  One change to note is that it now sells the unit via the first base the script locates rather than determining the closest base.  (Selling a unit can cause a base to be marked as "used," which nets a lower selling value.  However, ensuring the nearest base is always used wasn't worth the delay in processing.)
I finally started using this this week.  LOVE IT MAN!
524)Manaco
When used on a water sector that contains a bridge, should the unit clone create attempt to create a land unit or a sea unit? (Currently, all water sectors will attempt a sea unit clone.)

I don't really see how this needs to be asked; could you not simply set it so it follows the last unit cloned? If my last cloned unit was a land type, then the bridged sector would clone the land unit. If the last cloned unit was a sea type, then the bridged sector would clone the sea unit. I'm assuming you have it coded so it only follows one or the other. Any chance of doing both following my logic?
Johnny wrote on :
This?  Is awesome.  I discovered it this week by accident before I'd read the note on this thread and thought to myself, "Has this functionality been there all along?  How did I miss this?"  But I've been using this feature extensively since.  This is one of the best updates I've seen since I started playing this game about six months (or so) ago.
526)Johnny(Overlord)
- Worlds with no Daily Cycle income (e.g. Ornitho) will now penalize players when they do not own their capital by taking away 10% of the country's funds.
527)Hogan
Hey Johnny.... I've noticed the zoom in from world view is going really really slow this morning... were you aware?
528)Johnny(Overlord)
Hogan wrote on :
I've noticed the zoom in from world view is going really really slow this morning...
It should be working correctly now. If you still notice it happening, though, please shoot me a note!
Johnny wrote on :
- Worlds with no Daily Cycle income (e.g. Ornitho) will now penalize players when they do not own their capital by taking away 10% of the country's funds.
Is that 10% each day without capital?  Is it just when your capital is taken?  If you retake your capital and it gets taken again, is that another 10% off?
530)Johnny(Overlord)
Blackthorne wrote on :
Is that 10% each day without capital?  Is it just when your capital is taken?  If you retake your capital and it gets taken again, is that another 10% off?
If you do not own your capital when the cycle completes, you lose 10% of your current funds.

Just to clarify, it's the same condition as a normal game, but you lose funds instead of your income being halved.
531)Johnny(Overlord)
- The start date for Ornitho has been delayed one week to give people more time to join. (Please note that worlds without cycle income close on the day they begin.)
Johnny wrote on :
Showing attacks shouldn't be a problem once I decide on what to base the sharing.

I suppose I could restructure some things and make alliances tied to the game (rather than to the site, as they are now) and block users from joining more than one.

I just wouldn't want to get into letting users choose which attacks/pins should be shared with which alliances.  That would make it way too complex and annoying to use.
Could you create like an alliance war room that way the play could pick and chose what game info he would want to share with all the others. That way all player could add in put on the goal of the alliance and it would be nothing more than an exclusive chat room.
533)Johnny(Overlord)
- Win Lexovis and receive up to a $100 gift certificate!
Johnny wrote on :
Okie dokie!
The leader of the winning alliance should get a bonus for putting together such a kiss butt group.
-IC
Darth Luminarium
Dyslexics Untie
536)SCUM
If you're gonna advertise a prize, I think it would be best to do it at the beginning. I would have actually played the map instead of letting it die. Besides, more people would donate in order to win it...
Iron_cowboy wrote on :
The leader of the winning alliance should get a bonus for putting together such a kiss butt group.
I second Scum's proposal!  An overall bonus for all alliance mates would be a good idea.  An alliance leader bonus, and the pay scale promotes competition between alliance mates.  Hence, a potential for more treachery.
538)Johnny(Overlord)
SCUM wrote on :
If you're gonna advertise a prize, I think it would be best to do it at the beginning. I would have actually played the map instead of letting it die. Besides, more people would donate in order to win it...
That would be the normal process going forward. I decided on a prize for the next funded world, but I thought the people who have put time, effort, and money into the first one also deserved a reward.

So, in this case, it's a surprise reward for the current players. In the future, it will be announced when the world is created.
Shweet! Thanks Johnny! I look forward to collecting.
540)SCUM
Johnny wrote on :
That would be the normal process going forward. I decided on a prize for the next funded world, but I thought the people who have put time, effort, and money into the first one also deserved a reward.

So, in this case, it's a surprise reward for the current players. In the future, it will be announced when the world is created.
Cool. This will make funded maps just that more interesting.
Johnny wrote on :

when is the next funded map going to start and how much does the avg lay out playing a map such as this?
542)Hogan
Johnny wrote on :
So the real question is if I join and fund for 20mil in the bank is it possible to win my money back....

... oh drat, it's closed.
THANKS!
544)Ac3
how do you make sea units?
Ac3 wrote on :
how do you make sea units?
Make a port then click on the water in front of the port
546)Johnny(Overlord)
- Users who submit donations now receive credits which can be used to purchase in-game funding in the future. (Donations that have already been submitted have had credits applied.)
Johnny wrote on :
- Users who submit donations now receive credits which can be used to purchase in-game funding in the future. (Donations that have already been submitted have had credits applied.)
And where can we view that info?
548)Johnny(Overlord)
Hydrosalpinx wrote on :
And where can we view that info?
On the "Fund Your Country" and "Account Settings" pages.
549)Johnny(Overlord)
- Video Tutorials have been added. I'll likely modify them and add additional videos in the future.
550)Manaco
Johnny wrote on :
- Video Tutorials have been added. I'll likely modify them and add additional videos in the future.
I saw on Facebook! Amazing job, I'm just sorry I was unable to help you more.
I especially like how there's already subtitles for most of the videos... I - and hard-of-hearing people - won't be kept in the dark.
Page of 13

Message Board

Categories

Search