Thread

Subject: attackslast
Pages: 1

Messages / 1 to 7 of 7

"Infantry units ... have an attack power level of 20 and an armor level of 1.
Jeeps ... have an attack power level of 40 and an armor level of 2. "

Ok... so what happens when units attack each other?  What's the formula or algorithm to see who wins and what's left over?

Let's say a strength level 2 infantry runs into a level 1 jeep.  What happens?  Does the strength level multiply by the attack power?  Does the attack power of the offense get compared to the attack power of the defense?  Does the armor level play into it somehow?
Not really sure about the algorithm, but I can mostly answer this...

First check out this nice spreadsheet someone made.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AomitwsBNn9HdExvbjh5VDBQWXdKX3hrMGNZNjNSWkE&.....

Other factors are:
1) Who is attacking/defending - attacker bonus
2) If your both attacking who wins the random chance to be 'moved first' - result not displayed anywhere
3) A random die roll mixed into the formula somewhere
4) Some people think there may be a bonus for stacked units??? - 1 x L9 infantry > 9 x L1 infantry
Thx for the worksheet - not sure yet if it answers my question, or what it's saying exactly.  Why is the eff armor multiplied by 1.05, and the power is multiplied by 0.95?  It seems the worksheet is trying to predict the worst case scenario?  Looks like the Eff armor w/ rand (row 8) is not used anywhere...

Was the formula of (power + (armor / 10)) based on something revealed by Johnny, or just a guess, or based on playing the game research?

Looks like the Costs sections in columns P to S give the ratio of attacker cost to defender cost... interesting- could be useful.

I wonder if these numbers have all been tested out and verified?
The spreadsheet is solid. It has been vetted on multiple maps.
-IC
Iron_cowboy wrote on :
The spreadsheet is solid. It has been vetted on multiple maps.
-IC
Cool.  I assume that means it's based on game research, or maybe initially a guess, then tested out and seems to hold true.

Does that mean also that Johhny will not reveal his actual algorithms or formulas?
Correct. Hogan did extensive testing early on for that spreadsheet. All we know about the formula is in the help and instructional sections.
-IC
7)WML
George wrote on :
Does that mean also that Johhny will not reveal his actual algorithms or formulas?
Come on, you can't expect the guy to give up his algorithms.  That's the heart and soul of his brainchild.
Page of 1
«Previous Page|Next Page»

Message Board

Categories

Search