Thread

Subject: Movement onto Friendly territory/Requested Featurelast
Pages: 1

Messages / 1 to 7 of 7

I saw a thread earlier that kind of answered this, but not completely.  Here's the situation:

Ally Member A wants to Attack Enemy A but Ally Member B's territory sits in the middle of the two.  Because Allies A and B have a treaty, they cannot attack onto each other's territory ... But can they move across it in any way?  If not then it will be a bit of a difficult task to have Ally A assist Ally B in the attack. 

...............I....................I........................
...Ally A...I.....Ally B.....I.....Enemy A...
...............I....................I........................
Ally B Vacates a path ahead of Ally A's troops. and then as A moves through B's land they vacate and B follows reclaiming the land.
it's called vacating.
I find that to be kind of an inefficient way of doing things.  It's like a three part process to help an ally out ... aka not really worth it.  It's almost more efficient to just not be in a treaty with your ally members so that you can quickly come to their aid by just 'attacking' a path through them.  But by not having a treaty, you lose the benefit of safe skies for your aircraft.  Perhaps there could be some kind of alliance wide treaty that allows you to pass over land safely without conquering it ... much like aircraft do?

I'm not really sure where the dev planned on this game going ... but I've found this feature to be a huge annoyance.
oosamago wrote on :
I find that to be kind of an inefficient way of doing things.  It's like a three part process to help an ally out ... aka not really worth it.  It's almost more efficient to just not be in a treaty with your ally members so that you can quickly come to their aid by just 'attacking' a path through them.  But by not having a treaty, you lose the benefit of safe skies for your aircraft.  Perhaps there could be some kind of alliance wide treaty that allows you to pass over land safely without conquering it ... much like aircraft do?

I'm not really sure where the dev planned on this game going ... but I've found this feature to be a huge annoyance.
Non-treaties can be quite advantageous, but they do need careful management and pose certain risks.

And waiting for vacates might be annoying at times, but there's nothing to it if you have good team mates.  So it comes down to how well the team works together really.

Don't get me wrong, I too would like to see some solution to it, but I gather this change is significant enough that it may need to wait for version 2.0. 

...So for now...just don't team up with anyone you can't work with.  It's always a risk when you're new, but if you stick it out a couple of  games, you'll start knowing the reputation of the more frequent players and can begin to make informed decisions.
I believe this is in development stages for GT2 as well.
That is good to hear!  Thanks for the info guys!
Page of 1
«Previous Page|Next Page»

Message Board

Categories

Search