Thread

Subject: Clarification on the cueing of units (order of movement)last
Pages: 1

Messages / 1 to 3 of 3

As I understand it, the order units are selected are important since failing to do so will create blockages.  My questions are...

#1 Are units with perpetual movements made on a given turn cued in front of all other movements of the next turn? (Old perpetuals first, then new movements in order given?)

#2 If two units from of the same country with perpetual orders given on previous rounds are on a collision course, will they meet in  order they were first selected on those previous rounds? (assuming no other orders interrupted the original order)

#3 If a unit is set to attack another unit, but has a bend/turn in his route to the enemy, AND the enemy moves away first (has his turn first) , does the attacking unit follow him directly or does he follow his path up to the last bend and then head in the direction of the enemy?

#4 If a unit set on a perpetual path runs into an enemy unit and kills it before his move is complete, does the unit remain on a perpetual path or must he be set back to a perpetual path again?

#5 If a unit is set on a path (non-perpetual) that cuts through multiple enemies (whether there or not before his turn), does the unit attempt to fight and finish each enemy unit on the way or does the unit stop at the location of the first fight?
GholaMaster wrote on :
As I understand it, the order units are selected are important since failing to do so will create blockages.  My questions are...

#1 Are units with perpetual movements made on a given turn cued in front of all other movements of the next turn? (Old perpetuals first, then new movements in order given?)

#2 If two units from of the same country with perpetual orders given on previous rounds are on a collision course, will they meet in  order they were first selected on those previous rounds? (assuming no other orders interrupted the original order)

#3 If a unit with a perpetual order given on a previous round has his orders cancelled and re-given on the Next round, is that unit's cue order now at the end of the line?

#4 If a unit is set to attack another unit, but has a bend/turn in his route to the enemy, AND the enemy moves away first (has his turn first) , does the attacking unit follow him directly or does he follow his path up to the last bend and then head in the direction of the enemy?

#5 If a unit set on a perpetual path runs into an enemy unit and kills it, does the unit remain on a perpetual path or must he be set back to a perpetual path again?

#6 If a unit is set on a path (non-perpetual) that cuts through multiple enemies (whether there or not before his turn), does the unit attempt to fight and finish each enemy unit on the way or does the unit stop at the location of the first fight?
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
4) Land Units always follow exactly the route it was given out. Only air units are capable of 'following' an unit when attacking. To attack a specific sector with an air unit, click on the Attack button on the Sector's row of options. To 'follow' an unit when attacking with an air unit, click on the Attack button on the Unit's row of options. (or use the appropriate attack hotkey)
5) The unit will repeat his perpetual path until an obstacle is met (another allied unit, water sector) or the unit itself is killed. Any enemy units it may have cross on its path and killed doesn't deter its path.
6) It attempts to fight and finish each enemy unit on the way.
....I love you man!

Can I have your bud light?
Page of 1
«Previous Page|Next Page»

Message Board

Categories

Search