Thread

Subject: Early attack?last
Pages: 1

Messages / 1 to 8 of 8

How were 2 of my units attacked and destroyed a day before attacks could begin??? Just as they were going to take a capital!
TWagner wrote on :
How were 2 of my units attacked and destroyed a day before attacks could begin??? Just as they were going to take a capital!
It was actually 2 days...so I would have had 2 days to build up that area before being attacked this round
Its a glitch  that experience players use. It is also maybe one of the single reasons most new players quit this game.
Robert_E_Lee wrote on :
Its a glitch  that experience players use. It is also maybe one of the single reasons most new players quit this game.
Thanks for the reply...definitely sucks
It is collateral damage. Johnny (Overlord) explains it here in a post from December 9, 2009:

Air attacks will go through as long as the target sector isn't your own or someone with whom you have a treaty, and missiles and bombs also do collateral damage.  So, if a friendly unit is in range of the attack, it will take damage (despite the treaty).  This can't be used on shared borders (since the land would all be either yours or the friend's and therefore never take place), but it can be used to attacks friendly units anywhere else.
FatGuy wrote on :
It is collateral damage. Johnny (Overlord) explains it here in a post from December 9, 2009:

Air attacks will go through as long as the target sector isn't your own or someone with whom you have a treaty, and missiles and bombs also do collateral damage.  So, if a friendly unit is in range of the attack, it will take damage (despite the treaty).  This can't be used on shared borders (since the land would all be either yours or the friend's and therefore never take place), but it can be used to attacks friendly units anywhere else.
That makes sense u attacked ahead of my units...very useful
It is useful but I was taking a chance. If your units moved before my missiles arrived you would have the capital.
FatGuy wrote on :
It is useful but I was taking a chance. If your units moved before my missiles arrived you would have the capital.
Well worth the risk...small amount of cash prevented a strong flank on that side
Page of 1
«Previous Page|Next Page»

Message Board

Categories

Search