Thread

Subject: User Worldslast
Pages: 1

Messages / 1 to 3 of 3

First of all I really like the user worlds tool.  Its simple and effective and I never scratched my head using it but for not realizing passwords were optional the first time.  Which is me being dense.  I was, however, wondering; have you considered providing an option to make bigger maps?  I get that you would probably like to make most of the big maps.  But maybe extend limits of width to 1024?  I ask because I think more noobs and vets would play them if we could make them bigger.  I love the variable cycle option and the choice of game styles as well.
Agreed
3)Johnny(Overlord)
FYI666 wrote on :
I was, however, wondering; have you considered providing an option to make bigger maps?
There are two main reasons I limited the User Worlds in size.

One, larger worlds require much more processing and resources. (For example, 1024x512 world has 16 times as many sectors as a 256x128 world.) So, that wouldn't work well with more frequent Game Cycle options, and there's the potential for a bunch of concurrent User Worlds bogging down the game.

Two, it helps to ensure the Official Worlds are populated. Playing too many worlds can become overwhelming, especially as the worlds progress. Also, the Official Worlds retain the unique experience of playing on larger maps.
Page of 1
«Previous Page|Next Page»

Message Board

Categories

Search