Thread

Subject: Rejoining Worldslast
Pages: 1

Messages / 1 to 10 of 10

1)Johnny(Overlord)
I'm going to post a poll question and wanted to provide a bit more background information.

I received an inquiry from a player some time ago about rejoining players and I had a thought on how to perhaps make an adjustment.

When a player rejoins a world, what do you think about the player losing a certain percentage of the starting cash for each country they've had previously (and either lost or resigned)?

So, for example, let's say the percentage is set to 20%. So, if joining would start with $10,000, then they'd only get $8,000 if they've had one previous country. If they've had two, it would be $6,400. If three, $5,120.

Feel free to share your thoughts here, but please be sure to vote in the poll, as well!
Are we talking about losing or resigning than rejoining the same world or starting with less cash in every world thereafter, starting cash going down after another world is lost or resigned?
I think he his talking about if you abandon/ losing one world and restarting on the same map. it wouldnt effect other maps or matter how many maps you play, each one would be a clean slate. There was problems with people starting launching attacks then leaving and repeating the process. not fair play. this would help prevent that.
4)Johnny(Overlord)
Emperor_David wrote on :
Are we talking about losing or resigning than rejoining the same world or starting with less cash in every world thereafter
Raven's correct. This would only be when rejoining a world in which the user already had a country.
Sounds fair to me... Fixing it so you start with less cash I mean.
Agreed and I am one of those who do start over lol
This is not really a problem unless it is a small map that has been open for a long time.

I worked the system on a few maps because the maps were left open. So it was an extreme advantage to join, get your bonus money, spend it and do it again.

If these small maps had been closed after 30-45 days then this could not have happened.

Maybe set up auto map close time based on map size.

Small - 45 days
Medium - 90 days
Large - 120 days
Extra Large - 150 days

If I knew my cash would be reduced if I quit and rejoined I would be more likely to just quit.
I think i see what you are saying hanibel. You see this as a deterrent to new players. and yes it could be esp with previous stated issues of proximity starting and being wiped out within the first few days. so perhaps a one time clean second chance, but after that you should prob realize you are beat/ it becomes cheating.
Worlds should be closed sooner to not allow people to join in even if there is free space available. Hanibel wasn't the first to do that, he wont be the last, otherwise in the past it was part of the game
10)Johnny(Overlord)
Hanibel wrote on :
This is not really a problem unless it is a small map that has been open for a long time.
That's a good point. I'm going to instead change the worlds to close automatically based on either a set number of days or a certain percentage of land becoming occupied.
Page of 1
«Previous Page|Next Page»

Message Board

Categories

Search