Thread

Subject: Realism?last
Pages: 1

Messages / 1 to 7 of 7

Am I wasting my time  hoping for a spot of realism? I am not going to sit here and say that I don't expect, or want, a big war every once in a while. I am going to sit here and ask if there are people out there playing for an idea of building up countries and having a world. Can I hope for a touch of Diplomatic tension or other, or is this just a game of see who can take over the entire world the fastest?
it depends on the players you are allied with and possibly fighting against. this isn't a game based on diplomacy. it's based on world domination. all the units are military- which means you must rely upon your own political prowess to survive.
Some of us are more diplomatic than others. Others have 80,000 tonnes of diplomacy to back up their peace talks.
-IC
I'd say this game is half diplomacy.  It sure helps if you are a decent size though.

From my experience, this game is:
40% diplomacy
40% expansion
20% fighting

If you are good at diplomacy and expansion, you don't have to worry too much about the fighting part.
Part of realism is the desire for war. I do expect I will be in a defensive conflict. The difference is that I do not seek to kill a different people lest they are a serious threat or trouble for my society. I just did not want to play with a bunch of people that are strictly gamers looking for the quickest way to end the game with their rule over the world.
Just realize that your gonna get upset one day and curse the game when after months of playing and looking like you winning someone on your team mass vacates for no reason or decides he's gonna switch sides as a traitor, sucks I know, but part of the game as well so just be prepared. I believe its happened to most of us. Yet for some reason we keep playing.
Sounds like a few maps I've been on.  ;)
Page of 1
«Previous Page|Next Page»

Message Board

Categories

Search