Thread

Subject: Limits in the Sandboxlast
Pages: 1

Messages / 1 to 3 of 3

What I am about to suggest is not for my own sake, but rather for those new comers who are still trying to learn the game.

I propose a size limit for nations in the world. When a nation grows to 300,000 or 400,000 sectors ( 25% or 33% of the land, respectively), it should be kicked out of Sandbox (and maybe receive a message congratulating them on a victory in Sandbox).

I think it is clear how bad the experience would be for new users if they are being steam-rolled as soon as they start. (For an example, look at "sandzone", currently controlling almost around 40% of  the world's land. At this rate, he could control the world before he is ousted. Hardly a good learning environment.)

What do you guys think?
Amen!  I was thinking a similar thing and was about to post it.  Johnny changed the map so new players could stay in longer.  The bad thing about this is that some can grow to be too large now and mow everyone else down.

I like this game a ton, and I think the best way to retain new players is to make their first experience enjoyable.

Actually a part of me is more concerned about sandzone.  He is not on other maps.  One day he'll log on and his country will be gone.  Will he be OK with that and stay for another map?  He's got the skills to be a good player.
Very good point! I hadn't even thought of the adverse affects on those who stay in too long.
Page of 1
«Previous Page|Next Page»

Message Board

Categories

Search