Thread

Subject: Things that the game needs...last
Pages: 1

Messages / 1 to 9 of 9

I am starting this thread to talk about things that this game really needs in order to both shorten the amount of time that it takes to play.

I apologize ahead of time for anything here that has been talked about before.  I don't have time to read through all of the other postings, etc.

#1)  Need a better way to cancel air attacks or an easy way to re-order them.  It wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that you have your 2 AM generals....or your 4:45 AM generals.  Given the flow of the game there is never going to be any way to stop someone from making their moves and creating their new units 15 minutes before the cycle.  What happens to me is that I make my moves which include my air attacks.  Then...when I check later...my opponent has created even MORE new ships, land unit, etc that they had previously.  At that point I need to cancel my air attacks or re-order them.  What you have to do is jot down the unit #s and then go find your air bases.  The you have to find the attack from that airbase and cancel it.  On small maps it isn't a big deal.  On large maps, where you strategically want to spread out your air attacks, it might take a half an hour just to find, cancel, and reset 10 air attacks because some "midnight McArther" decided to make some more new ships and put them out in front of ones you already had attacks set on.  The biggest reason that this issues needs fixed is so that players can't take advantage the fact that they know that it's difficult to do and it's therefore probable that if they do, indeed, create the new ship out in front of other ships it will likely shoot down air attacks.

#2)  Need a command to MASS cancel attacks.  I don't feel that any explanation is needed here.  I've looked through the shortcut command and don't see anything like this.  So..."unit/group cancel attack" is a must.

#3)  In relationship to item #1....you might consider simply making the game engine a bit more intelligent.  Mistakes get made is combat all of the time in terms of attacks that get ordered that must be cancelled due to new intel.  If you did have a boatload of air attacks headed over the top of some warships...the 1st wave would get shot at..but the next waves would fly right around them provided they had RANGE ( think fuel)  from which to do it.  Got range...then fly around....don't have range...then return to base.  Simple.
#4)  If I track a ship, or any unit, with a "pin" then I should have the option of having the pin follow the unit.  This would save BOATLOADS of time in ship tracking alone.
#4 has been brought up before.  The decision was not to go with it.  The reason was that people would be able to pin ships the very day they were made, thus making it so they would not even have to search for the boats ever.

#1 would be a good fix.  I think a good idea would be if you select a sector that has a plane-watermark (where an attack of yours has been set), to be able to have an extra item on the menu to cancel attacks directed to that sector (or units on it).

#2 I just have my units attack one sector distance then clone that.  Does not always achieve a desirable result though.
Canals... Like bridges but they allow water based units to move over land tiles
You can cancel all or some of your air attacks from the base that they originated from. There are icons for both

If you have set attacks from multiple bases, the easiest way to figure it out is to use the world view with attacks turned on.  You will see the track of each air attack. Follow it back to its base.  Zoom into that area, select the base and adjust your attacks
Ptolemy wrote on :
Canals... Like bridges but they allow water based units to move over land tiles
i brought that up when Ankylo was still being played. johnny has already stated it isn't happening.
Hanibel wrote on :
You can cancel all or some of your air attacks from the base that they originated from. There are icons for both

If you have set attacks from multiple bases, the easiest way to figure it out is to use the world view with attacks turned on.  You will see the track of each air attack. Follow it back to its base.  Zoom into that area, select the base and adjust your attacks
i set around 300 attacks from six bases the other night on Anasazi. only 1/3 of them were effective because New York hit four of my bases and he went first in the rotation. the 1/3 that made it through were not as devastating as i had wished, obviously, but he quit the map over it, which i'm counting as a victory in my book.

on a map the size of Cerato or Anasazi, the level of detail on the zoomed-out map don't really allow you to see where attacks are coming from when you've literally covered someone's nation in attacks.
parandiac wrote on :
on a map the size of Cerato or Anasazi, the level of detail on the zoomed-out map don't really allow you to see where attacks are coming from when you've literally covered someone's nation in attacks.
Our missiles will blot out the sun!! Then well fight in the shad.... Boom.....
Yes! Canals!!!
Page of 1
«Previous Page|Next Page»

Message Board

Categories

Search