Thread

Subject: Idea: Map creator for uslast
Pages: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4

Messages / 151 to 188 of 188

151)Raven
Supreme_Ruler wrote on :
My thoughts,
You could do a Poll on the map for those who Join to Vote on the choices of maps, (you could even use old ones in the mix)  and let the players choose from all the choices. For a random spawn I think it would be fun to not know where we are until the Start Date, or that could be voted on as well, maybe, but close a vote 3 days before the start on worlds where we  find our starting position. if we miss the pick its random, maybe, or you pick later??

SR
I Like it! You could also add other maps (not played yet) to the list. This way everyone can say what they would like to play and it would prevent people complaining that they dont like the map for whatever reason. And in the long run you wont have as much pressure on you to decide the setup of each map ect...
152)jeepn
a new large map the size of notho.

user image

designed to stop the auto-attack spread of people not playing.  with the map size each of the land masses has a diameter of 40-50 sectors.
jeepn wrote on :
a new large map the size of notho.

user image

designed to stop the auto-attack spread of people not playing.  with the map size each of the land masses has a diameter of 40-50 sectors.
i like it very nice
i have an idea on making a map.  were do i go to make one.  do i need a program or can i find it on this site? 
155)Raven
I made mine (Ubera) using Microsoft paint, other such programs can work, you basicly need a two tone picture
ok thanks
user image
imagine the white is water and everything other then that is land...  What do you think  i think there might be too much water.
Yeah I would add some islands and stuff in the middle but other than that it looks pretty good.
159)SCUM
If you have an east vs west, you should make the two sides more or less equal in size.
user imagedo you think this is better
i really like it. If there were lots of players you could get a great game out of this map
Johnny is there anything that i need to do if you would want to use a map i created?  i see the others are black and white so does that mean that mine need to be black and white too?
163)Johnny(Overlord)
PrOpHeT wrote on :
Johnny is there anything that i need to do if you would want to use a map i created?  i see the others are black and white so does that mean that mine need to be black and white too?
Just send the original/largest size you have to me using Contact link at the bottom of the site.

You don't need to worry about adjusting color, either. That should be a quick modification for me.
user image
i changed a little bit and made the water Blue.
i was trying to make it 2048 x 1024 (2.1M sectors) or something like that size, maybe bigger
great i wanna play this map bad
166)jeepn
started working on Texas and liked it.  thought there was too much water not enough land so i added the texas star islands.

user image
jeepn wrote on :
started working on Texas and liked it.  thought there was too much water not enough land so i added the texas star islands.
Why Not add another state say Alaska or maybe California and slid Texas over and it can be a battle of states
168)WML
jeepn wrote on :

user image
As a Texan, I'd play that one in a heartbeat.
Like it, I do. maybe a bit more land in the water, without seeing exact distances, it looks like the sort of map where a ship travels for days/weeks before reaching the islands. And maybe a several sector wide band of land around the edge of the map, to encourage activity out there?
170)WML
Something that might give you a little more land area to deal with would be to use the borders of the Republic of Texas instead of the state after it gave up a lot of its land when it joined the US.
user image

This is what i have so far... i'm still working on it.
user image
imagine that all the green is water and everything else is land
what do you guys think?
PrOpHeT wrote on :
user image
imagine that all the green is water and everything else is land
what do you guys think?
looks good
user image

made a small change to ad land.  lets see if it gets accepted
i like it
176)Raven
Recognize the City?
user image
Raven wrote on :
Recognize the City?
user image
Oh, a New York metro area map would be fun, though I'd suggest changing the zoom and angle so that you get a box with corners roughly at Sayerville, NJ, Morristown, NJ, Jones Beach, NY, and the corner of the CT-NY water boundary in Long Island Sound.
user image
178)Raven
Would there be any major benifit from this? i see that it would connect the bottom sections of water. However i feel like this makes the map a little more unballenced with much more water on one side than the other.
I guess if that was your concern, it could either be balanced by shifting the box further down Long Island or a resource gradient.
180)Raven
But does it carry any major benifit?
Not only does it connect waterways and increase the proportion of water to land, it also captures the boroughs of NYC entirely. Are they a big deal? Probably not. It was merely a suggestion.
182)Raven
Ok, i see the point but i made this on windows paint and that would be quite an overhall and i would almost have to start from scratch.... Thanks for the suggestion though.
it would give more water along the bottom of the map since it is already more concentrated in the north. kinda balancing things.

also, some people like using water and some don't. if you don't like the water, don't start along it. that's the upside of getting to pick a starting point.
184)Rick
I am a big water fan.

Anyways, I've used Gimp to make maps out of real-life maps.  Gimp is a photo-editing software that can speed up a work like this to only taking about 5 minutes.  You can download Gimp online for free, actually.
Rick wrote on :
I am a big water fan.

Anyways, I've used Gimp to make maps out of real-life maps.  Gimp is a photo-editing software that can speed up a work like this to only taking about 5 minutes.  You can download Gimp online for free, actually.
I love Linux and open source!!!!
186)spenco
This is a different kind of map. I call it Eyra. (I'm hoping its at least as big as 8.4m sectors)  This is what i'm thinking: Everyone starts out on one of the outer 4 circles, and all 4 of those circles have the same raw materials. In the center there is nobody, and as you move closer to the center the land becomes more rich. Feedback?

user image
Do the dimensions for a map have to be specific? If so, what dimensions should it be?
188)Rick
Capt_Ches wrote on :
Do the dimensions for a map have to be specific? If so, what dimensions should it be?
Yes.  There are different map sizes Johnny uses.  Take a look at the main screen to see them.  The standard map size is 2048 x 1024.
Page of 4
«Previous Page|Next Page»

Message Board

Categories

Search