It appears there may be a bug in the current version of the database on which GT runs. Nothing's changed within the game, but the database is now misbehaving.
I have to make a change to the tables that store sector data in order to prevent the bug from causing problems within the game. The downside is that the game may run more slowly due to the change.
Basically, when asking the database for information about the sectors, I wasn't getting consistent answers. For example, if I asked for a list of all of the land sectors owned by a specific country, one time it would return the correct response and then a second later it would return incorrect values, or no sectors at all.
This came to my attention because an abandoned country wasn't properly removed from a world. When it asked for all of the sectors in order to remove them, it returned an empty set and none of the sectors were properly updated. The thing I'm especially worried about is if the check on sector count ends up returning an empty set and a country is eliminated from a world completely!
I've checked and rebuilt the tables, tested with and without using the cache, checked and cleared the cache, etc., but nothing cleared up the issue without making structural changes to the table.
If anyone's interested in the technical info, it's a MySQL database and the sector table for each world is partitioned. When partitioning is removed, all of the queries work perfectly. So, I'm removing the partitions for now, which means changes to the sector table now have to work with a much larger table and may run more slowly.
My biggest concern is how it will affect the Daily Cycle, but I don't have another option at the moment.
Subject: Database Issuelast
Messages / 1 to 12 of 12
Page of 1
«Previous Page|Next Page»